WELCOME TO DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTANCY (DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF SCIENCE)
The Accountancy Department in the Faculty of Management and Social Sciences, Caritas University Amorji-Nike, Enugu, offers a four-year degree programme in Accountancy with a wide range of subjects leading to the award of the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in Accountancy.
The degree programme in the Accountancy has the following primary objectives:
- To provide the students with a comprehensive knowledge of accounting concept and related functional and research disciplines as a theoretical base for effective managerial decision and professional growth.
- To prepare students for varied responsibilities and opportunities of accounting career in this era of high technology and computerization, developing their business decision making ability and intellectual curiosity to meet the changing economic demands.
- To inculcate in the students the need for transparency, accountability and probity as the Nation's future Accountants.
Candidates should posses in addition to the UME requirements. Five credits in Mathematics, English language, Economics and any one science subject selected in this group, via - Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Physics and any other subject.
These must be obtained in not more than two sittings in WASSCE, GCE, NECO and Direct Entry
- In addition to the UME entry requirement, GCE 'A' level passes or its equivalent in two subjects at one sitting, one of which must be Financial Accounting or Economics, plus credit level pass in Mathematics, and minimum of C in English at O Level.
- ND/ATS Final Certificate. Candidate with ND or its equivalent in related disciplines or fields may be admitted directly into the second year of the Degree programme.