WELCOME TO DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT (DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF SCIENCE)
MODE AND DURATION
The department offers a four- year and a three-degree programme respectively leading to the award of B.Sc. (Hons) in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management. Transfer students who obtained credit or waivers that total thirty-six or more credit or waivers hours, will be allowed to spend three years on the programme.
- To produce high-level manpower relevant to the needs of both public and private sector bureaucracies.
- To equip the students with the comprehensive knowledge of the dynamics of the art of science of public sector labour relations.
- To produce students who would contribute their quota towards the integral development of the nations.
The Department of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, offers two kinds of programme.
A four-year B.SC (Hons) single subjects degree programme by entrance examination.
A three - year B.SC (Hons) degree programme by direct entry.
Four - year programme:
To be admitted into the department, candidates shall in addition to the entry requirements of the Caritas University be required to have a credit in English Language, and at least a Pass in Mathematics at the GCE or SSCE and also candidates are required to have credit in Government or History.
Candidates for direct entry should possess one of the following qualifications.
- GCE ('A') passes or the equivalent in any two of the following subjects, Government, History, Economics, Business management, Accounting and Geography.
- Ordinary National Diploma in the relevant discipline or its equivalent at merit level.
- Diploma in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management of Caritas University or its equivalent at merit level.